18 November 2010

Blank



A blank piece of soluble stabilizer is my canvas this time. I want to work with strips of tapa. Inspiration seems to evade me. My mind feels as blank as the new length of material and I wait for the strips of bark to kindle a spark. 

I want to weave, but decide that I don’t like the squares the weaving produces. I end up weaving triangles instead, zigzag. Lots of empty spaces to fill with lace, and some interesting areas too.

Still not very inspired – that’s why I hate deadlines. You have to stay at it, whether you want it or not, because the works needs to be finished. I hate pressure, when it comes to my art, because it takes the freedom out of it... And being on my own and having no-one for brainstorming or to bounce off some ideas doesn’t exactly help :-(. Anyway, got to be motivated and get cracking!

At the end of the day I’ve finished a quarter only. Not happy with myself.

2 comments:

  1. Know exactly what you are talking about. In moments like this you should go for a walk on the beach...... with your dog....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard this suggestion often, Antje. But I'd feel even more stressed, feeling like time wasted (which of course it isn't at all and my dogs would LOVE it!). We entertained a delegation from the tourism industry instead and promoted our island.

    ReplyDelete